Description of the job
- Removal of asbestos-containing materials and dust and other contaminants from decommissioned steelworks.
- Removal of dangerous and friable materials and steelworks dust, mainly amosite mounds on the ground due to past collapses.
- The size of the area and the state of degradation of buildings made it impossible to set up confinements to use traditional remediation techniques.
Innovative solutions introduced
- In cooperation with Unieco, a SAFE-CAR suction sweeper was developed and patented, it is fitted with localised confinement absolute filters. Thanks to its accessories (extensible pipes), this machine can vacuum-clean both flat surfaces and non-accessible areas, such as holes and overhead surfaces.
- The safe and high-level performances of this machine made it possible to carry out this remediation in a short time and at a reasonable cost.
- The economic success of this technical solution made it possible to use Safe-car in other remediation jobs, which would have been impossible or would have led to much higher costs.
- Amount of the contract: € 3,594,540
- 250,000 m2 (total surface of the area)
- N° of worksite managers: 1
- N° of specialised workers: 3
- Total n° of workers: 12
- m2 treated: 80,000 m2 approx
- Quantity disposed of (tons): 500 tons of powders and rubble