Description of the job
- Asbestos removal and reconstruction of the building's roofing
- Installation of a photovoltaic system
Our client decided to install a crystalline silicon photovoltaic system on the curved roofing of their Cologno Monzese offices.
First of all, asbestos was removed and disposed of and a new corrugated sheet roofing was installed, on which the photovoltaic modules were fitted. Because of the curved shape and the exposure of the roof, the modules had been installed on the top part only, to optimise productivity (see picture). A permanent life line was installed to complete the works.
- Removal of 1,025 m2 of cement-asbestos
- Roofing reconstruction with 8/10-thick corrugated sheets and 50 mm mineral wool insulating mat
- Installation of 406, 245 W poly-crystalline silicon photovoltaic modules
- Power of the photovoltaic system installed: 100 kWp
- Estimated return on investment time, including remediation and roofing reconstruction: 5 years
- Work duration: 2 months